Is Itsycal misbehaving? If so, there are two kinds of diagnostic logs you can collect to help me troubleshoot the issue.
If Itsycal crashes, the system will automatically create a crash log. Crash logs are located in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/.
- Open Finder.
- Under the Go menu, choose Library. You may have to press the option key when using the Go menu to reveal the Library item.
- Once you've opened the Library folder, navigate to Logs › DiagnosticReports.
- If you find any Itsycal logs, please email them to me.
Console logs provide information while Itsycal is running. They can be useful to see what is happening before Itsycal starts misbehaving. They are not generated automatically. To generate a console log, please follow these steps exactly:
- Quit both Itsycal and Console.app.
- Launch Console.app.
- Type itsycal into the search field in the top right corner of Console.app and hit the return key. This limits console output to messages pertaining to Itsycal. The message pane of Console.app should now be blank because Itsycal is not yet running.
- Launch Itsycal. Messages should now start streaming into Console.app's message pane.
- Once Itsycal starts misbehaving, select all the messages in Console.app and paste them into a text file. Please email me the file.